Thank you for choosing Coastal Fertility Specialists. We know that it can be difficult to start the fertility treatment process. We appreciate your trust in us and are committed to working closely with you every step of the way to help you build your family.
You can start your new patient visit by completing your new patient information online or by downloading the new patient packet and emailing/faxing it back to us.
Online New Patient Forms
Completing your new patient paperwork online is the simplest way to get the process started. The online paperwork will take approximately 20 minutes. You will need your insurance information and if relevant your partner’s medical information. Our online portal uses an encrypted connection and is HIPAA secure. If you are uncomfortable sending us your information online that’s no problem at all. Below is a link to our printed form that you can email or fax to us.
To submit your information online click the save and return link that enables you to create an account that you can return to before your form is complete and submitted. This will save you time if you lose your internet connection or don’t have all of the required information. If you want to bypass the save an return portion and do it all at once click here.
Printing and Emailing/Faxing the Forms
If you are uncomfortable providing your information over the internet or don’t have a reliable internet connection you can submit your information via our printed forms. You can start your new patient visit by downloading the new patient packet and emailing/faxing it back to us. Once it’s complete fax or email it to your New Patient Coordinator who can be reached at 843-883-5800.
What to expect at your first appointment
During your first visit with us we will begin the process toward resolving your reproductive health issues. You will have a chance to tour our facility and meet our staff.
- The initial new patient evaluation includes a one hour consultation with one of our reproductive endocrinologists, Dr. John Schnorr, Dr. Michael Slowey, Dr. Heather Cook or Dr. Jessica McLaughlin.
- During this first visit, a comprehensive history and physical examination will be performed.
- We will also discuss the possible causes of your fertility problems and an explanation of the tests that will help to establish the diagnosis.
- We will outline several fertility treatment options for you, along with the advantages, disadvantages, and costs of each option.
- After you meet with your doctor, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our nurse coordinators who will help schedule the diagnostic tests and begin treatment – if you feel that you are ready to move forward.
- Financial counselors will help you understand your insurance coverage, the costs associated with evaluation and treatment along with our many financial options.
At Coastal Fertility Specialists, our goal is to provide you with all of the information you need to become an active participant in your treatment. Please be assured that our team of physicians, nurses and financial counselors will answer any questions you may have and offer guidance to help you make an informed and appropriate treatment decision.
If you are visiting Coastal Fertility Specialists from a distance we are proud to offer new patient phone consults and even video consults using Skype. Please ask our new patient coordinators for more information if you are interested.