Thank you for making an appointment with us here at Coastal Fertility Specialists. We know that it can be difficult to start the fertility treatment process. We appreciate your trust in us and are committed to working closely with you every step of the way to help you build your family.
You can start your new patient visit by downloading the new patient packet and completing it. Once it’s complete fax or email it to your new patient coordinator who can be reached at 843-883-5800.
What to expect at your first appointment
During your first visit with us we will begin the process toward resolving your reproductive health issues. You will have a chance to tour our facility and meet our staff.
- The initial new patient evaluation includes a one hour consultation with one of our reproductive endocrinologists, Dr. John Schnorr, Dr. Michael Slowey, or Dr. Heather Cook.
- During this first visit, a comprehensive history and physical examination will be performed.
- We will also discuss the possible causes of your fertility problems and an explanation of the tests that will help to establish the diagnosis.
- We will outline several fertility treatment options for you, along with the advantages, disadvantages and costs of each option.
- After you meet with your doctor, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our nurse coordinators who will help schedule the diagnostic tests and begin treatment – if you feel that you are ready to move forward.
- Financial counselors will help you understand your insurance coverage, the costs associated with evaluation and treatment along with our many financial options.
At Coastal Fertility Specialists, our goal is to provide you with all of the information you need to become an active participant in your treatment. Please be assured that our team of physicians, nurses and financial counselors will answer any questions you may have and offer guidance to help you make an informed and appropriate treatment decision.
If you are visiting Coastal Fertility Specialists from a distance we are proud to offer new patient phone consults and even video consults using Skype. Please ask our new patient coordinators for more information if you are interested.