Merck and EMD Serono, Inc. have committed to increasing access to fertility treatment. As a part of their committment Ethey have created programs to help couples with infertility by donating medications to qualified couples undergoing treatment at qualified fertility centers. Coastal Fertility Specialists is a Merck and EMD Serono qualified center.
Compassionate Care is available to eligible patients who may not otherwise be able to afford fertility treatment. The program offers certain Merck and EMD Serono fertility medications free of charge including Follistim and Gonal-f® RFF Pen (follitropin alfa injection) to patients who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- No insurance coverage for fertility medication
- Currently undergoing fertility treatment with a physician thoroughly familiar with infertility problems and their management
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Qualifying annual household gross income based on a standard set of parameters
- Have not received fertility medications through EMD Serono’s Compassionate Care program in the past
- Qualifying income is assessed according to a standard set of parameters including the Federal poverty guidelines, which take into account number of persons in household and state of residence
To apply, click, download and complete the compassionate care applications. We recommend you complete and submit both applications to maximize the chance you will be given medications. Best of luck!